Early Head Start Centers
Child Inc. Early Head Start (EHS) is a comprehensive Early Education and Child Development program designed to serve pregnant women, infants, toddlers and parents.
To accommodate the unique needs of our families, EHS offers both center-based and home-based environments.
Our infants and toddlers receive all of the Head Start comprehensive services, such as health, dental, nutrition, mental health, and social services. Parents have the opportunity to participate in parent training, and parent engagement activities.
These services are coordinated through the various division components in a shared-responsibility framework.
Early Head Start supports:
- Pre-natal healthy outcomes
- The parent as the primary nurturer of their children
- The physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language development of child in the early years
- Parent engagement
- Home visits
- Comprehensive health and mental health services
- Children with disabilities
- Seamless system of service by developing a Family Partnership Agreement
- Transition plans
For more information, visit the Office of Head Start website: