Child Inc. recognizes that actively engaging parents is vital to the success of our Early Head Start and Head Start programs.
Research shows that children are most successful in school when family and school work as partners. Therefore, parental engagement is highly encouraged in our Early Head Start and Head Start programs.
In order to support parents in their role as primary educator and influencer of their children, Child Inc.’s PFCE staff strive to
- include parents in all areas of our Early Head Start and Head Start programs. Our parent involvement opportunities are designed
- support parents’ in developing the leadership skills they need to confidently engage with the community institutions that impact the lives of their children.
- In addition, Child Inc. assists parents in developing and implementing a parent education program designed to facilitate personal growth and development.
Below are some ways parents are encouraged to be involved in their program:
- Teacher Conferences and Home Visits
- Parent Volunteer Opportunities
- Monthly Parent Meetings
- Family Goal Identification and Assessment
- Parent Education Programs
- Parent Committees
- Leadership and Advocacy
- Policy Council
- Organizational Structure
- Program Monitoring and Development